From Nursery I to Preschool II, we follow directives of teaching and learning process based on the same holistic model, constructivist, which unifies all segments of Solar Integral School.
Integrate in this context: “Philosophical Principles of Integral Education Program” of Solar Integral School; the four education pillars: “learning to know, learning to be, learning to live together, learning to do” according to the UNESCO report, by International Education Commission for the Twenty-first Century; LDB guidelines – Guidelines Law and Bases of National Education.
As for literacy, at that stage, are adopted procedures revealed by psycholinguist Emilia Ferraro research, based on psychological and epistemological theory of Jean Piaget: the child as construction of their interpretative systems. Learning is caused by the child’s mind to relate to the object in perspective and not by impositions of school ready processes.
Literacy methodology is based on the proposal of Heloisa Vilas Boas: interaction and context, bringing the same constructivist theory, it also considers the student as a starting point and value their sociocultural context, adopting generative themes of learning concentrated in him.
(See “Education Philosophical Principles” in Integral Education Program)
- Child’s full development until the age of 6 in their physical, psychological, intellectual, moral and social aspects, considering family and community actions.
- Loving reception and guard in affective school space construction thought fraternal coexistence and principles and healthy lifestyle.
- Training, from early childhood, autonomy and critical awareness to know, act, build opinions and knowledge, and logical- mathematical reasoning.
- Motor skill development (body and movement) and art culture, music, dance, paintings, etc. (feeling, expressivity).
- In short term: increasing supply of lectures and discussions with psychology professionals and Shantala to educators, to study issues relating to affectivity, throughout Children’s Education and massages at age baby.
- In medium term: Pre-school location change, of Cultural Center (Saint Roman Street, 146) to Children’s Education house (Saint Roman Street, 142) and reorganization of physical structure of the house. It will be possible with the construction of 4 floors building where today stands the house 136, there allowing the location of the refectory, kitchen, nursery pantries, relieving these spaces. Search for partners for this work is in progress and there are already architectural project carried out by Estácio de Sá University Architecture and Urbanism Model Office.
Children’s education: Segments
- Nursery: Nursery I (3 to 10 months); Nursery II (11 months to 1 year and 4 months); Nursery III (1 year and 5 months to 2 years); Maternal I (2 years to 2 years and 11 months); Maternal II (3 years to 3 years and 11 months).
- Preschool: Pre I (4 to 4 years and 11 months); Pre II (5 years to 5 years and 11 months).
OBS.: After 6 years, the child goes to Elementary School, 1st year (Literacy) to 5th grade.
1) Nursery I to Nursery III (3 months to 2 years)
- Tactile, visual, movement, verbal, listening stimulation: talk, caress, play, smile with the baby, play with colorful objects that go to his mouth, crawling, walking leaning in the hands of Nursery assistants, rattle, music (with gestural and nursery rhymes), exercises with balls, plug toys, etc.
- Food introduction from pediatric orientation, since breast milk feeding the baby before leaving for Solar and bottle with breast milk, mother’s visit in the early months to the dietary changes through baby food, fruit purees, soups and solid foods.
- Baths, changing diapers and clothes, accompanied by massages, talk, smiles and songs.
- Permanent speech encouraging, with jokes and all activities.
- Storytelling with puppets, finger puppets, dolls and common household objects. Use of paper, cloth, bath books with large and bright pictures.
- Drawings, paintings, paper riping, encouraging the joy of colors and new shapes creation.
- Teaching limits, as protection of games and dealing with other children and adults.
- Daily play in the sun, at Solarium.
- Good habits implementation: sleep after lunch, hygiene, play in groups, do not beat the colleagues, etc.
- Ethical and moral Christians values: prayer, simple stories and children’s books, with suggestive pictures of child world, with moral background: love, good and respect.
2)From Maternal I to Preschool II (2 to 4 years)
- Visual, verbal, movement, tactile, auditory and motor skills stimulation: songs, dances, storytelling, jokes and games like somersaults. Circuit, rolling, jumping obstacles, musical chairs dance, puppet and fingers theater, fitting equipment, etc.
- Plastic Arts and crafts: with play dough, tearing papers, clippings with scissors, gluing, finger painting with cotton swab, brushes, etc; recycling with disposables for inventive creation of forms, etc.
- Library: activities such as storytelling through books, followed by drawings, imitation of drama characters, etc.: frequent visits to library to get love in books, facilitating learning and concepts.
- Computing: classes for this age programmed with drawings, videos: stimulating intellectual development, motor skills, social relationships, discovery forms, attention development: training of multipurpose and multifunctional individuals.
Literacy – Preschool II and II
- Held after free discussion of issues processes; theme generator election, connected directly to sociocultural experience of students.
Interaction of Child Education and Elementary School I
- Pedagogic Projects: Lasting 15 days to 1 month, a generator theme involves all students. It covers different knowledge areas, as a form of interdisciplinarity: all High School activities plus Natural Sciences, Mathematics, Language, General Knowledge, Elementary School I. Culmination is held in performances at Meninos de Luz Theatre, for students and sometimes parents. It involves dancing, simple choreography, skits, etc. After this visual material is exposed in the Library and throughout the month at school. Examples of projects: “Black Consciousness”; “Water planet”; “The peace we want”…
Gratitude to those who promote Children’s Education
“Educators friends! Your love and knowledge radiance creates the protective ambience to develop knowledge and joy in Meninos de Luz. You prepare, this way, our beloved children, from 3 months old to 5 years, so at critical times of the sensorimotor stage and pre-operational, for the construction of cognitive and affective firm foundations necessary for the development of the remaining stages of childhood and adolescence – witch will also be experienced at Solar. They will be now and in the future, human beings of good and of peace.
We will all be eternally grateful to you.”
Solar Meninos de Luz
President and Directors
Child Education Professionals
Coordinator: Tatiana Neves.
Coordination Assistant: Cláudia Florêncio.
Nursery I: Lusia Marcia and Berçarista Meryene Couto.
Nursery II: Thalita Mendonça and Valkíria Benvindo.
Berçário III: Juliana Santana and Tairine Rodrigues.
Maternal I: Education Assistant Bruna Teixeira and Education Assistant Débora dos Santos.
Maternal II: Teacher Flávia Gonçalves and Education Assistant Maria Elizabete Alves.
Preschool I: Teacher Kátia Ribeiro and Education Assistants Thainá e Jaqueline.
Preschool II: Teacher Josemeire Hilário and Education Assistants Janecy and Jaqueline.