Elementary School II
Just as in Elementary School I, the process of teaching and learning in Elementary School II meets “Solar Meninos de Luz Education Philosophical Principles”, the LDB – National Education Guidelines and Bases Law and the UNESCO Report, by International Education Commission for the Twenty-first Century: the four pillars of education: “learning to know, learning to be, learning to live together, learning to do.” Promotes the construction of thought and appropriation of knowledge within the different areas of school knowledge, collaborating in the formation of personality, in the development of critical awareness, and promoting opportunity for reflection and interest in social, political and economic life of the country and other nations.
(See “Education Philosophical Principles” in Integral Education Program)
- Construction of logical-mathematical thought, written and spoken language, and deepen knowledge of history, geography, natural sciences and arts. This construction work and appropriation of institutionalized knowledge is performed seeking consider cross relationships of of each area contents.
- Multi-purpose and holistic formation of students’ personality through the learning space of all culture forms through physical education teaching of foreign languages (Spanish and English), technological language (computer), contact with different artistic workshops (dance, music, capoeira, etc.), culinary, journalism, among others.
- Development of critical awareness and autonomy, through work with transdisciplinary projects, which allow students research, construction and appropriation of knowledge coming from different areas of knowledge and practical application of these in everyday life outside of school. Critical consciousness is responsible for the training of students questioning, important to problematize discourses of different orders, as political discourse, religious, social, etc. Autonomy involves developing researcher character of the student, important to find solutions to problems – that applies beyond school walls. This autonomy and critical thinking are of utmost importance to prepare the student as to what he will find in High School, teaching period which focuses on preparation for College entrance.
- Promotion of opportunities for reflection and interest in social, political and economic life of the country and other nations, with the objective of a healthy political education and a sense of responsibility and social life, including care for the environment, notions historical and geographical relevant to civic education and encouragement of relevant topics discussions to different spheres which constitute society and focused primarily on understanding the individual role within the team, in order to have a harmonious and just living together.
- Assist the student to develop their reflective and critical skills, and his autonomous competence by working with projects that propose intersections between disciplines. These skills are very important to prepare the student for maturity and necessary investigative features for better use of knowledge treated in High School, which focus is to enable admission to universities.
- Provide a teaching-learning space within where the student can build knowledge from practice in order to develop necessary skills for social life and progress of society. Thus, school seeks to develop characteristics in students as the sense of collective, altruism, love and respect for others, critical reflection on individual role within the social group, autonomy to seek solutions to problems that emerged in the routine during the natural progression process of society.
- Encouraging questioning characteristic of students and their capacity to argue and associate ideas from discussions that provide the construction of knowledge in various spheres.
- Contextualized contents with all disciplines, considering social implications and practical applications of institutional knowledge.
- Transdisciplinary activities that take place in projects, classes involving different disciplines in a common goal, at school newspaper.
- Use of the Moodle platform, which serves as a great aid to transdisciplinary proposals, as it is the space which contains the syllabus of all subjects and where both professionals and students can interact without the common virtual exposure to other social networks.
- Tours with educational purposes, such as visits to museums; lectures with topics focus on current discussions, such as technology and education and the rape culture lectures, which propose a space of important reflections of historical social and cultural moment experienced by institution students.
- Fairs: Cultural Fair and Science Fair.
- Conducting Olympics with games of different sports and interaction between students of different ages – all Elementary School II and High School students meet in the Olympics to participate in the games.
- Working with different media, such as building games, video recording, presentation of students using resources such as power point, using tablets to research and deepen the content.
- Participation in Student Government.
- In the afternoon, workshops are held to stimulate emotional, physical, socio-interactionist intelligences, covering sports such as yoga, dance, capoeira and other arts.
- In an attempt to seek education beyond the school walls, faculty seeks to develop works that allow relationship between school and community, in which the institution operates, proposing projects like the newspaper, community mapping, solidarity work, school parties, such as the June festival and mothers day breakfast, ultimately, activities that encourage involvement among students and their families, who are residents of the community.
Gratitude for those who promote Elementary School II education
“Masters friends, thank you! We are moved by your dedication,love and academic competence in the construction of knowledge and ethical-moral values along our beloved students in the most difficult of its development phase, the pre-teen and early adolescence, when they still live the important stage of concret operations and start formal operations, basing future achievements. You are responsible for these precious lives transformation, to achieve personal and professional success, thus modifying, in turn, the world we live in.”
Solar Meninos de Luz
President and Directors
Elementary School II Professionals
Pedagogical Director: Ivonete da Silva Mendes.
Coordination Assistant: Cintia Santana da Silva.
Portuguese and Writing teacher: Rosa Sardinha do Nascimento.
Portuguese, Literature and Writing teacher: Cybelle Borges de Abreu and Helena Faria.
Mathematics teachers: Thais Cerqueira da Silva and Fabricio Cardoso Ferreira.
Science teachers: Deborah Rocha Afonso Silva and Rodrigo Abreu de Oliveira Santos.
Geography teacher: Paula Coelho Araujo and Raphael Chiote.
History teachers: Marcella Albaine Farias da Costa and Blanche Marie Evin Costa.
Spanish teacher: Rose Sardinha do Nascimento.
English teacher: Lourival Costa Coelho Adam.
Art Teacher: Schaiane Alves.
Computer teacher: Aline Almeida Santos.
Physical Education teacher: Leone Barbosa Lucena.
6th year: Education Assistant Liliane Ferreira Ribeiro.
7th year: Education Assistant Larissa.
9th year: Education Assistant Alessandra Rodrigues Bittencourt de Oliveira.
Inspectors: Manoel Francisco Gomes and Francisco Severino Gomes.