Solar Sports Center
For all children, but especially those who live in social risk, sport is a relevant source of vitality and transformation. Teaches socialization, teamwork, attention stimuli, quick thinking and, mainly, teaches to win and lose naturally.
Opened in 2007, Solar Sports Center is a three floors building, built with BNDES funds.
- Polifunctional discovery court, small official standard, for futsal: with 470m².
- Covered court for sports, events, festivities: with 235m².
- Dancing and Multimedia Ballroom for sports, dances, educational projects, etc.: with 123m².
- Locker rooms and bathrooms.
- Student Global Development: collectivity spirit, self-overcoming, standards compliance, healthy competitiveness, persistence in achieving goals, psychomotor coordination and spatiotemporal, postural development and good physical conditioning, discipline.
- Preparation for future professions originated from the practice of these sports.
- Interaction with different social groups and social levels through presentations at gyms, clubs, universities, schools, etc., and increasing self-esteem by perception of their abilities recognized by reached public.
- In courts: indoor and outdoor
- Main: Soccer, Futsal, Volleyball, Basketball, Judo and Capoeira; plays as: Pique-Bandeira, Taco, Queimado, Varal Run, Caçador, Hopscotch, Statue, etc.
- As interactive space: traditional July Festival which gathers more than 2000 residents; Cultural Exhibition and Events; large public events such as School Christmas Parties; Parties to the families of Program Family / Community; collective lunches, breakfasts for teachers, parents, commemorative celebrations in general and educational events.
- Dancing and Multimedia Ballroom
- Ballet; Tap dance; Hip-Hop and Dancing Ballroom.
- Large groups meetings, especially lectures on sports and arts, various cultural workshops.
- Offer of Rhythmic Gymnastics Workshop.
- Offer of sports activities for the Community.
- Gymnastics for 3rd age.
Partnerships and sponsored activities
- Sesi: Futsal, Volleyball, Chess.
- Kabbalah Portal: Capoeira classes.
- ValorArte: Ballet; Tap dance and Hip -Hop classes (in Dancing and Multimedia Ballroom).
- Hillel: “Children in Motion” activities (on Sunday mornings for community children).
- MORE2WIN, Oracle, Wilde Gamzen, Studio Rio: court reform works.
- Activities performed by volunteers and Solar formed students: Futsal classes, Ballroom Dancing and Hip- Hop.
Common and sports games with the purpose of recreation have always existed and continue to happen at Solar. Because of Integral Education Program, we added collective games in various sports: volleyball, soccer, football, basketball, etc.
Opened in 2007, Solar Sports Center building has three floors and was built with BNDES funds in the funds of two houses of Solar, at Saint Roman Street, 146, which houses the Cultural Centre and No. 142, where Basic School is.
In 2010, Dancing and Multimedia Ballroom was benefited when Meninos de Luz Cultural Center was formally accredited as a Culture Point. Two teachers were paid by Culture Point.
In 2015, multisport discovery court was reformed by Dutch institutions Oracle, Wilde Gamzen and More2Win. In 2016, indoor court received repairs with financial support of the company Studio Rio.